Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The Little Miracles

Date:  June 30, 2014
Area:  Kanlun, Guatemala
Companion:  Elder Barker
Week:  28


Things are still going well in the area across the Polochic river called Canlun, we´ve been seeing some little miracles, we have another baptism with a little kid who has 13 years and has a strong desire to be baptized, his parents are of another religion, but they gave him permission to be baptized, they also asked us a strange question. He asked how much the baptism would cost, apparently in other religions you need to pay for the baptism and that´s just crazy, we don´t have to pay for salvation, it´s given to us as long as we follow the commandments and strive to follow Christ.
We also went on an adventure this week to see if we could find another area within our area, so we went on a half an hour hike and found hills and corn fields, nothing else, but that´s alright, sometimes you need a good hike through the mountains of Guatemala.

No mail this week, but we have our zone meeting this week and I shall receive mail then. I always get excited for mail.

The work in Canlun is progressing, once we get Otto and Mach baptized then they will be able to help us with other investigators that we have, and they are willing to help, because they are awesome.

We had a district conference this week and the kids from Canlun were the choir, we did really well, but the person who played the piano didn´t quite know how to play our songs and that kind of messed us up a bit, but it was still awesome. I learned some really cool things from it, and I know that little things can make a difference and that we must follow the way of Christ.

To answer the questions Mom sent me this week.

I don´t have pictures of my house this week, I´ll be sure to do that next week.

The laundry in Canlun is done by Hermana Paz Buena Fe, (that is her name)

The biggest challenge in Canlun is drinking and people are kind of hard hearted, but we find who´s ready and we teach them, that´s been a lot of our success, we find those who are ready to change and we show them how.

I did decent in taking more responsibilities, I feel like I could train, but I may not do the best at it.
 
Training is hard for everyone at first.  I am sure he will do just fine though.  I have great confidence in him.

We only ate a few times with members, they gave us beans, I have a picture with it, because Amber sent a picture of her breakfast saying it was so pretty, I had to take a picture of my dinner because it was pretty as well. Good ol´ beans and tortillas.

I´m not the best at writing my weekly reports I feel, but I do my best, what´s really going to be fun to go through is my journal and stories, because there´s more in the journal than I put here and there´s more in my head than I put in my journal, it just happens that way.
 
I really think with him we will get some good stories when he comes home.  Very exciting.  Need to get a new journal off to him soon he asked for one.  He wants one of the bigger ones with Christ on the front.  So proud of him for writing in his joural.

I love you all, and I am trying to get some letters out to most of you.
 
If anyone has questions you can send them to me and I will ask him.  Sometimes my brain quits working and I just can't come up with questions to ask.  Jered does a pretty good job at responding to the questions I send so ask away.

Love,
Elder Saqi Noq´
 
Elder North loves mail so very much so write him today!  It takes awhile to get to him so don't delay.
 
Elder Jered North
Guatemala Cobán Mission
Apartado Postal #34
3ra Calle 2-02, Zona 3
Cobán AV 16001
Guatemala, Central America
It costs $1.15 to mail a letter to him. You can use regular envelops and stamps just make sure they equal $1.15. If it weights more than a regular letter you should take it to the post office to have it weighed.

OR

Use Dear Elder (www.dearelder.com)
its Free to my mission. Just got to
dearelder.com, create an account
and it will track the letters you send
so you can go back and view them.
On the drop down menu just put in
Guatemala Cobán Mission and then
address it to Elder Jered North.
They get mailed out once a week.
This will be the best way to contact
me since I don't have that much
time on e-mail each week.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment