Monday, June 23, 2014

Week #?¿?¿ and divisions

Date:  June 23, 2014
Elder Pig
Area:  Kanlun, Guatemala
Companion:  Elder Barker
Week:  27

First off, I don´t really actually care what week I´m on, but it actually wouldn´t be too hard for me to figure it out.

Kind of funny he put this as a title and his first line since I do keep track each week in the little header.  He doesn't get these though so he doesn't know that.  
So, I did not get letters this week and I do not expect to get letters next week, but maybe, we shall see.
The biggest thing that happened this week was that I got to go on division with my Zone leader, so I went to Teleman for two days and worked with Elder Sparacino, he´s a cool guy and I did learn a lot from him, but the thing that stuck when I went back to Kanlun was to have more fun with my Kekchi, when you have more fun with the language you don´t realize that you don´t know a lot of it.
bird

Elder Sparacino knows a lot of Kekchi, and he´s actually returning home to Virgina in about seven weeks or so. I got to see a really experienced missionary teach and got to learn new words and also see the area of Teleman. I would certainly not mind serving there some day.
Entonces, two days ago, that would make it Saturday, a kid walked up to us and told us that he wanted to be baptized, well, we can do that, his name is Otto and he has 13 years, we taught him a lesson and he is very attentive and smart and has already gotten a strong feeling that this is the church he should join, we´re going to be talking to his parents tomorrow so that we can ask them for permission for him to be baptized and then we´re going to put a date for his baptism, the twelfth of July. We´re really excited.

We´re in a hard area, and really we just talk to people and you get baptisms when people are ready, that´s been Elder Barker´s experience and mine, we try to prepare some people, but they´re not ready so they don´t really progress and suddenly we find someone who is ready and it is just incredible. Or they come to us when they´re ready.
This coming week I´ll be actually taking a lot more of the responsibilities, like giving the numbers and being the one who does the bigger part of planning for the next day, we plan together but generally one does a little bit more than the other. Elder Barker and I have a good balance.
Newly hatched baby ducks
We´re doing well out here, it´s getting a little colder and raining a little more, I like that, we sometimes don´t sweat for twenty minutes straight, that´s just a miracle, but the challenge for all you at home is to look for the little miracles in everyday life, look back on your week and look at the blessings and miracles, in my experience you don´t really recognize the miracles when they happen, but after they happen.

I love you all, Keep on hiking, and go getcha some.
Elder Norte

Don't forget to get those letters off to Elder North because they can take awhile.  
Elder Jered North
Guatemala Cobán Mission
Apartado Postal #34
3ra Calle 2-02, Zona 3
Cobán AV 16001
Guatemala, Central America
It costs $1.15 to mail a letter to him. You can use regular envelops and stamps just make sure they equal $1.15. If it weights more than a regular letter you should take it to the post office to have it weighed.

OR

Use Dear Elder (www.dearelder.com)
its Free to my mission. Just got to
dearelder.com, create an account
and it will track the letters you send
so you can go back and view them.
On the drop down menu just put in
Guatemala Cobán Mission and then
address it to Elder Jered North.
They get mailed out once a week.
This will be the best way to contact
me since I don't have that much
time on e-mail each week.

Check out his blog at elderjernorth.blogspot.com to see pictures from last weeks letter that never got attached.  The picture of him holding the black pig I had replied asking if that pig was dead or alive and I got the response this week of.  "Why would I touch a dead pig?  That is just gross mother."  

No comments:

Post a Comment