Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Patience

Date:  July 7, 2014
Area:  Canlun, Guatemala
Companion:  Elder Barker
Week 29

As far as changes go this time around I will be staying in Canlun, but that`s not too much of a surprise.  Elder Barker is going up to the mountains, and Elder Jara will be coming down from the mountains to here. At first they told us that both of us were staying in Canlun and we found out today that that was actually not true. I`m kind of excited for this, but it`s going to be hard, I`ve heard that Elder Jara isn`t exactly the most... Obediant missionary. I`ll probably be killing him as well because he has two changes left on his mission, that`ll also be an interesting experience.
As far as this week goes, the highlight of the week was the baptism of Mach, full name, Victor Humberto Pop Yaxcal, but everyone calls him Mach, which in Kekchi means beard, he`s going to be a big help here in Canlun.
I did get some mail this week, three letters from Mom, one from Karoline, two from Grandma Mary, and a package from Grandpa and Grandma North with some really cool bottles that have filters in them, I didn`t get pictures using it yet, but I have tried it and it`s really awesome, Elder Barker gives his thanks as well.
I`ve been learning patience recently, I`ve actually been having a problem with loosing my cool a little, which may sound surprising to some people because I like to believe that I`m a pretty patient person, but it`s a little different when you`re in a foreign country with many new things and the people just act different, but I`m working on it, just more things to learn and to be able to become better! I`m probably going to be tested on patience more, but the work in Canlun is going well and I`m learning a lot, I`m still going well on the Kekchi and I have a Latino for a companion so I`m going back to speaking Spanish all the time.
So, I`ve been reading some of the talks from last general conference and something that caught my attention was one of the talks, (I believe by M. Russell Ballard) Where he says that we should share the gospel, so I challenge you at home to find someone that you can share the gospel with and maybe get the missionaries to start teaching, the missionaries will be happy, we always love receiving references and honestly the references are usually the best investigators because they have another person outside of the missionaries that they know really well that they can trust in this new religion that they are learning about. So get out there and find a missionary opportunity.
If you guys have any questions for me, I will answer them, just so you know though, I don`t eat anything that weird, they mostly just give us tortillas and beans and corn and maybe something else, and if I do eat something really weird I`ll be sure to tell you.
I love you all, and all your support for me and other missionaries out there.
GO GETCHA SOME!
Elder Jered Lamont North.

These are the only pictures he sent this week of his house.

This area they sleep with bug nets over them.

The church is on the left and their house is that little building.



Don't know if he has actually running water for a shower here but maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment