Monday, August 4, 2014

Mud Boots

Date:  August 4, 2014
Area:  Canlun, Guatemala
Companion:  Elder Jara
Week 33

This week had some interesting happenings and a few just normal happenings.
This upcoming week we are planning to do some new things, we talked about what things we can change and start doing to try to have more success here in Kanlun, so we`re going to see if they work, because we are ending up into a kind of routine, not only does that get boring, but it may also contribute to less success.
We had a member who saw .... Things in his rice fields, so we helped him through it, he`s a great guy though and he understands that God is on his side, I hear we was a branch president at one point, but we also got to bless one of his trees.  Can you bless a tree? Sure, offer a prayer for it. So we did.
We had a fairly normal week as other things go, I feel I`m getting a little bit more monotonous in my weekly reports so with the start of this next week I`ll also be looking more intently for things I can write, about people, the area and things, so next week should be a lot more interesting.

No mail this week, Zone meeting is this next week though, so that means mail.

Now about the title, after a meeting in a grove of sorts, we went a different way home that went near the river, the river at this point wasn`t in a time of flooding so it was safe, but I wanted to get closer to the water and that meant going through some mud, I went a little too far and almost got completely stuck, or to say I did get stuck and almost had to leave my boots behind, which would also have made for and uncomfortable walk back home, but with the help of my companion we got out, with boots covered in mud, and that was our greatest adventure this week.
Now to answer a few questions.

The most challenging thing we faced this week was all of the people that we had a date for baptism for decided that they weren`t interested any more, so how we got through that, was to move forward and find others, still no others yet, hence we have prayer and fasting.
Testimony meeting was great, it wasn`t too hard to understand people and we do testimony meeting the same here as in other places
I don't use the water bottle grandma and grandpa sent me too much yet, but I hear that Elder Barker is and I`m sure to use it a lot when I go up to the mountains.


To get our haircut we just go to any hair shop you find on the street.

Parasites are caused by drinking bad water, sometimes you`re given something to drink from investigators and stuff that isn`t actually good... So parasites happen, we do all we can to prevent it. I havn`t had any.
I love you all and I look forward to Thursday when I get letters.

Elder, Jered North

Jered loves to get mail.  It helps him feel not quite so far away from home and he enjoys reading English once and awhile too.  So drop him a line.

Elder Jered North
Guatemala Cobán Mission
Apartado Postal #34
3ra Calle 2-02, Zona 3
Cobán AV 16001
Guatemala, Central America
It costs $1.15 to mail a letter to him. You can use regular envelops and stamps just make sure they equal $1.15. If it weights more than a regular letter you should take it to the post office to have it weighed.

OR

Use Dear Elder (www.dearelder.com)
its Free to my mission. Just got to
dearelder.com, create an account
and it will track the letters you send
so you can go back and view them.
On the drop down menu just put in
Guatemala Cobán Mission and then
address it to Elder Jered North.
They get mailed out once a week.
This will be the best way to contact
me since I don't have that much
time on e-mail each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment