Monday, April 27, 2015

The sounds of a dying missionary.

Date:  April 27, 2015
Area:  Sacshua, Guatemala
Companion:  Elder Menjivar
Week:  70

If you´re wondering what a dying missionary actually sounds like it´s not a terror filled sound that would make fingernails on a chalkboard seem like a kitten purr but it´s actually the sound of expectation and packing things and some complaining that there are too many things to fit in two suitcases. My companion Elder Menjivar has gone the way of the earth and is on his way back home, granted he will actually get on the bus to El Salvador on Thursday but you all can go along with it.


What does that mean for me? It means that I am garunteed to get a new companion, which for me isn´t the most exciting event in the world due to my shyish demeanor, but then I got unexpected and frankly exciting news, I have a transfer to a new area. This is surprising because it means two new missionaries go into Sacsuha which can be a little hard on them and it´s surprising because I didn´t have that much time in Sacsuha, only two transfers.

So, my next adventure is to be founded in the area Tanchi which is closer to Cobán. I am actually going to have all of my p-days in Cobán and technically I´m out of the Polochic but I am still in a Q´eqchi´ speaking area. My new companion is Elder Kortson, I´m finally getting another Northamerican companion that I´ve met before in the mission, so that´s got me a little bit more excited.

One of the good news that I get by being closer to Cobán is that it is much easier for me to send and receive letters and I will certainly be trying to make use of that availability that I lacked down in the valley.

Our last Saturday in Sacsuha brought exciting news as we had a baptism, the baptism of Floricelda that I´ve been talking about for a while. The baptism was delayed because the whole district was doing an activity the same day and they needed the use of the chapel for a little bit and after it needed to be cleaned, but that´s alright, a cleaner baptism is certainly what everyone wants. Besides that the baptism went really smoothly without any troubles.
The rest of our Saturday and then Sunday after church was really busy as we were invited to birthday parties and we said farewell to all of the members and some of the investigators that lived nearby and packing during the night. Surprisingly I got all of my stuff packed faster than Elder Menjivar and he knew that he was going home before I knew I was getting transfered out. I guess I´m really good at packing things and fitting different shaped things in a box like shape.... Tetris anyone?

As for the rest of the week, it went by normally, we did find a very good possibility and I was excited to teach Jorge and his family but that priveledge will have to go to the Elder Perez and Elder Murdock (MUUUUUUUURRRRRDOOOOOCKKKK)

I did get some mail today, three letters from Grandma Mary all of them from March, confusingly they had Christmas themed pictures, but the content was very awesome and fun to read.

I hope you all had as good a week as I did.
Elder Norte

No comments:

Post a Comment