Monday, March 16, 2015

New times in the Chic!



Turtle
Date:  March 16, 2015
Area:  Sacshua, Guatemala
Companion:  Elder Menjivar
Week:  64

Everyday brings new times and new experiences, but I`m actually specifically referring to the changes, I`m staying with my companion in Sacsuha like I predicted and my district is having two missionaries changed in it. Elder Wilson is going to be my district leader again and that`s actually pretty exciting for me because I love the guy. The other new Elder in my district is Elder Ellis, I don`t know anything about him but I hear good things about him. Good things indeed.
About the work this week, a little interesting we found some people that seemed to be interested at first but after teaching them a few times they suddenly turned on us and said that were not at all interested in changing religions or having us come over and teach again. That`s interesting, I wonder why they suddenly changed like that.
Elder North, Hyberson Salvador Hernandez Ortega, and Elder Menijvar

Serious Elder North and Hyberson Salvador Hernandez Ortega

Happy Day!
Good news, my good friend Caice South has received her mission call to Florida! It`s exciting and something I`ve been waiting to hear from her for a while, I`m sure she will be a wonderful missionary.

In other news that`s good my brother Mikel is now 18, I was pretty busy on his birthday with the baptism of Hyberson Salvador Hernandez Ortega, he surprised me actually by telling me that he wanted me to do the baptism and like a good missionary I told him that I would be honored to do it.

The baptism went by smoothly although it took way longer than we originally planned because people arrived late... Not actually something surprising, but they thought that it was at 3 and not 2 which meant that everyone started arriving at 3.30 and we didn`t really start at about 4. (What we call the hora chapin)

Besides that we had a really normal week, visiting members and having meetings with our branch president to get the missionary work more with members and us on the same page, progress is being made and it`s awesome.
I hope to hear more good news next week, have a good week.
Elder North


WRITE ME!
Beautiful Guatemala
Elder Jered North
Guatemala Cobán Mission
Apartado Postal #34
3ra Calle 2-02, Zona 3
Cobán AV 16001
Guatemala, Central America

No comments:

Post a Comment