Monday, February 9, 2015

First week in a new area

Date:  February 9, 2015
Area:  Sacsuha, Guatemala
Companion:  Elder Menjivar from El Salvador
Week 59

My first week in Sacsuha has been really great, my new companion Elder Menjivar from El Salvador is awesome.  I never really got to know him before, but he's a good worker and has gotten me to workout in the mornings.  I have been doing my daily workouts but now I am doing more intense and better focused workouts and that has been pretty fun, even if it does hurt a little.

This week was filled with getting to know the area, asking peoples names and then forgetting the names and asking them again the next day.  They think it's pretty funny.  Sacsuha is a great place, it's a large area and there are plenty of members.  We have two baptisms coming up and we know we're going to place another baptisms next week.  So exciting things are happening.  It's fun to be able to tell these people that I know Kekchi.  Before I told people I was still learning or I knew a little, but now I realized that I have hit the point whee I can say I know it.  That doesn't mean that I don't have much more to learn though.

I'm sorry that I haven't been able to send pictures for the last two weeks, the computers I have been at have been being really weird and won't let me send them.  I'll be getting those out as soon as possible.

I got one thing of mail this week.  The family calendar with choose and another Kekchi dictionary.

My companion is going how in about ten weeks, which is always an interesting thing to see because as a missionary you get to a point where you never really believe you're going to go home even though you know you are.

I'm doing really awesome!
Elder North

No comments:

Post a Comment