Monday, June 2, 2014

Parasites and Pigs

Date:  June 2, 2014
Area:  Kanlun, Guatemala
Companion:  Elder Barker

So to start off this email I must tell you about the new area I guess. So Kanlun, or Canlun, depends on what script of Kekchi you´re using, the old alphabet or the new. So, Kanlun is on the other side of the Polochic river and we can ride a little kayak to get across it, there´s another way, but it´s less exciting.
Kanlun is flat, placed more out in the valley than La Tinta, which hugged the mountain side, but our area does go up into the mountains, way up there and the views are simply incredible, pictures will show a little but it´s not the same.
My companion Elder Barker is awesome, he reminds me of Taylor, my cousin, and that´s been really exciting, speaking of that guy, how´s he doing? We´ve been having fantastic spiritual moments together, revelations and other things in study. We´ve also been able to play some chess and I am no longer undefeated in my mission, Elder Barker won once and I´m slightly dissapointed. Ah well, it´s all good.

No mail this week, but I will be receiving some mail in two days or so, depends on when the Zone meeting is. So about the title, Parasites are a thing here, it´s something that exists in the water and it´s not fun to have, I should know, these last few days have been terrible.... Actually, not for me, but for my companion!
I´m actually in Cobán because we had to get him to get a test to see if he actually did have parasites, and he does, now we have to get medicine so he doesn´t die. It´s not that bad, but hey. Scare the people at home right.

Pigs live in Kanlun, I love scaring them, and we´ve been having lots of fun with a little red haired pig that doesn´t like us at all. We named him Kaqi Noq´, or red string if you want to use boring English.

I´m still getting used to the area and don´t know many of the investigators, but there is one crazy investigator that we have named Lazaro and we hope to really get him progressing. Our focus next week is finding new people to teach because we are really lacking in progressing investigators, so we´ll see how that is.

I printed off pictures today and wanted to send you those mom with an awesome letter, so don´t you worry, you are not forgotten, I´m happy to hear that the others got theirs.

I love you all and thank you for all the support, I´ll be working hard, my language skills in Kekchi have just been progressing rapidly, I love it there in Kanlun and I´m loving the work more than ever.

Neke´xinra,
Elder Jered Lamont North
Laj Saqi Noq´

(my favorite quote I got from Karl, GO GETCHA SOME!)

I guess no pictures this week because he didn't send anything else.  :(  Sad day  

Jered would love to hear from you so write to him!

Please do not use nick names on letters or packages. They have to go to the mission home and then be forwarded on. If you have a nick name on the letter it may never make it to him. THANKS
Send mail to:

Elder Jered North
Guatemala Cobán Mission
Apartado Postal #34
3ra Calle 2-02, Zona 3
Cobán AV 16001
Guatemala, Central America
It costs $1.15 to mail a letter to him. You can use regular envelops and stamps just make sure they equal $1.15. If it weights more than a regular letter you should take it to the post office to have it weighed.

OR

Use Dear Elder (www.dearelder.com)
its Free to my mission. Just got to
dearelder.com, create an account
and it will track the letters you send
so you can go back and view them.
On the drop down menu just put in
Guatemala Cobán Mission and then
address it to Elder Jered North.
They get mailed out once a week.
This will be the best way to contact
me since I don't have that much
time on e-mail each week.



No comments:

Post a Comment