Monday, September 21, 2015

Here comes the 'lasts'

Date:  September 21, 2015
Area:  Tanchi, Guatemala
Companion:  Elder Torres
Week 91

It has now come to that point where things start happening for the last time in my mission, there are still a couple months left so there´s no time to be thinking about home.... It´s almost an impossible task to keep every single thought about home from coming in, but as long as we´re working hard it´s not too hard to keep focused.
This week I had the last of my Multi Zone conferences. They are always pretty awesome to go to, this time we had a three main subjects that were talked about. One was our focus on our goal for the month of October, which is 100 baptisms mission wide, I do believe I already mentioned that. We talked about how to focus different aspects of our work and day to accomplish his goal. Basically we made goals to reach a goal. breaking things down.
We then talked about finances, it´s apparently a problem in the mission. I havn´t had trouble with finances, but we were able to get some awesome advice that will help in the mission and after it.

Last thing we talked about was making the Sabbath day a more meaningful and spiritual day for us and for our investigators. Making the sacrament meeting a better run affair so that the spirit can be there in full force. We were able to find a couple things that can help our little branch here, having back ups for the sacrament and other little things. With some things in life it´s not about the big things but about the little things and little changes and corrections.

The weather is getting a little colder, but not nearly as cold as back home I´m sure, it means I sleep a little more comfortably but I´ve never had much trouble with sleeping. This week we have the plan to invite everyone, and I mean everyone, to the coming General conference. we already printed out about 150 invitation cards just to give to people and to help us contact. I recommend that all you guys out there should do something similar, by that I mean invite people to this special event. We only get the chance twice a year to hear directly from the prophet today and the apostles in this time, so don´t you miss it and tell your friends!

We´ve been doing wonderful here and I want to thank all of you out there giving me and all the other missionaries out in the field support, we all very much appreciate and your prayers and thoughts really do count.

I love you all,
Elder Jered North

P.S. Sorry for the lack of bug pictures, and pictures in general, I´ll get plenty next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment