Monday, September 14, 2015

Another week in Guatemala

Date:  September 14, 2015
Area:  Tanchi, Guatemala
Companion:  Elder Torres
Week 90

The start of our week was pretty interesting, we had dentists come over to Tanchi and I got to help them with a bit of translating, the four older guys know some Spanish, so I didn´t have to do some translating into Spanish but I got to do a little into Q´eqchi´, although the basic vocabulary you need for a dentists appointment is ´Open your mouth´ or ´close your mouth´ so it wasn´t that complicated to do, but it was fun. We got to see a whole bunch of teeth get pulled out and I really realized how great it is that we have dentists and we have things that help us take care of our teeth. I didn´t have anything done on my mouth because nothing is hurting me and so I thought it wouldn´t be that bad to just wait until I get back home and do the whole dentist appointment.

This week went well, one of the biggest happy moments of the week was Patricia came to church, she is the daughter of my converts  Hernesto and Matilde. We´ve been trying to get one of their other children to come to church focusing on the importance of families being together and that in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints we believe that families can be together forever which is a wonderful blessing and I really want them to have that. We hope to be able to put a baptismal date with her soon. Our mission also has a goal for the month of October to get 100 baptisms mission wide. We´re all actually pretty excited to go for it.

I also had the opportunity this week to go on divisions with Elder Reyes in Chicojl. It was nice to meet new people and to see a new area, I´ve been in Tanchi for a while and I love the area and the people but sometimes you just need a break from the same thing for a day. Elder Reyes and I were able to do some awesome work and we walked a lot, but we were able to find a lady named Zoila and she was really interested. She wasn´t able to go  to church last week due to an activity in the school she works at, but she´s awesome, it was also a little odd teaching in Spanish. It was a fun day.

In other news, no new mail that I know of, but that could change as I go to the office. Time is going by rather quickly now but there are still plenty of things to do and lots of people to teach.

I love you all and I thank you for all the support.
Elder North

No comments:

Post a Comment