Tuesday, July 28, 2015

New week, new change with a cow.

Date:  July 27, 2015
Area:  Tanchi, Guatemala
Companion:  Elder Torres
Week 83

I don´t have much time to write and my keyboard is kind of funky so....

this week went by well. At the start of the week we did changes and I received Elder Torres. I will be finishing his training. It has been a good time with him thus far. He is excited to learn the language and has been picking it up very quickly, and I´ve also been able to teach him a bit of English.

We had a baptism this week! The Baptism of Henri Noe Sub´ Xol. he´s eight years old and the baptism went really well. Although as I was lowering him into the water he slipped and kind of freaked out while he was in the water but I was able to get him under and we didn´t have to do it again. Probably much to his relief.

This week has been fun to see Elder Torres get accustomed to the new things and the new language. But as I said he is doing really well and we get along really well. One of the best things that happened this week was we got a call from an investigator  that left to work in Peten. Rigoberto, we also had a baptismal date for him.
Rigoberto called me and we put up an appointment with him for tomorrow and that was that. I looked at what he needed and I remember we were about to give him a Book of Mormon but he left, so tomorrow we will give him one and talk about it.

The great part is that he called us again and reminded me to bring him one of  those books.... Or, The Book of Mormom! He was really prepared the last time we were teaching him and it seems like he still is. I´m excited. God is preparing people for us to teach.

But remember God can prepare people for the missionaries or to accept the Gospel in general through YOU! Go out and share the gospel in simple ways and with love. Just share your testimony.

Anyway. That about sums up the week, No letters. I´ll give you a better letter next week.

Elder Norths bed.  Through the window is a corridor of some kind
Love you all!

Oh! The thing about the Cow, Elder Torres´ nickname in Kekchi is Wakax. Which means Cow because his name sounds like Toro.

Language board

More house

No comments:

Post a Comment