Monday, January 6, 2014

Scheduling can be wierd some times...

Date:  January 6, 2014
Area:  Guatemala CCM (Missionary Training Center)
Companion:  Elder Oliveira
Week:  4

So as you have probably seen, this was sent on a Monday, not my usual time during the week I e-mail.  For whatever reason they've decided that it is better to have us e-mail today rather than when I though _-day was going to be on which was Wednesday.  Apparently tomorrow is the actual --day.  So now I'm annoyed at scheduling thingies, and I suspect that I have less e-mails than usual because no one expected me to be writing today.  Oh well, life goes on.

I learned my lesson early on and decided he gets his e-mail Sunday night just like the other two because it bit me one week and I felt TERRIBLE.

So, as with my request I have gotten some questions, which I will be happy to answer.

Do you have to filter water there at the CCM? - No, I do not.  They have water thingies (Water coolers) like in our house where we receive all our drinking water, although the first week I was here I did receive a filtering water bottle.  I haven't been using it because I will be using that in the field.  There is also the fact that the CCM has filtered water, but we don't use it more for us to form the habit of not drinking from the spouts.  The CCM is quite modern and clean so the concerns that we have with cleanliness do not really apply here, and everything is more to form habits.  Like washing your teeth with water bottle water and such.

Tell us your schedule for each day. - On an average day right now I wake up at 6:30am and get ready for the day.  Personal study starts at 7:15am, breakfast at 8:15am, language study at 8:45am.  Fundamentals (something like 'what is the role of the holy ghost in conversion') at 11:00am, teaching a lesson and grammar then lunch at 12:45pm.  After lunch at 1:30 we could have more grammar or gospel study, then companionship study for an hour at around 3:45pm.  Then another class until dinner at 5:45pm.  On Tuesday's we have a devotional after dinner, but usually it's another lesson until 7pm.  During that lesson we do a small companionship study and at 7:30pm we plan for the next day and have sports at 8-9:30pm which then we get ready to go to sleep and then sleep by 10:30pm.

With your companion being from Brzil an dhaving to learn Spanish also you guys will be companions the whole time right? -   Through out the CCM, yes.

How is it different with 60 missionaries there instead of just 12? -   Not too much different, we still do our classes and such, just there are people in the rooms next door.

How many more are sisters? -   I didn't count, and they leave tomorrow and get nuevos Wednesday and Thursday.  We'll be getting around 90 missionaries these last two weeks.

Have they ever taken a picture of all of you? - Yes

Wonder how I can get my hands on those????

Who is in charge of the missionaries while you are at the CCM? -   The CCM president and his wife, Presidente Nicolaysen.

How often do you get to leave the CCM for any reason? -   We get to go to the temple every week and about every other week we leave on a sort of field trip.  Tomorrow we go to the market and see a large map.

Have you found that you need anything? - I haven't needed much, there are the few things I have bought, like paper and envelopes and stamps.

I don't really have much more to write this week.  Life in the CCM is kind of getting monotonous for me, but I fill my time with study and reading and things.  Carlos is still dishing out food that is fantastic and me and my companion get along well.  I haven't received more mail as of yet, but I do believe I will be getting some this Wednesday.  We will see and then you will hear about it next week.  There are letters sent from me, and I have no idea how long those will take to get to the people.

Tell Mikel to e-mail me in Spanish.

Hasta luego,
Elder Norte

We have found that it cost $1.10 to send a letter from us to him and takes approximately two weeks.  If you are interested in sending him mail I would send it ASAP to the MTC address as he has just over two weeks left there.  When he gets to the field we should find out his local address and be able to send mail straight there instead of going through the mission home since if he is not close to the mission home then that because really crazy.  So for the next couple of days you can send mail to this address...

Elder Jered North
Guatemala Coban Mission
Guatemala Missionary Training Center
Bulevar Vista hermosa 23-71
Vista Hermosa I, Zona 15
Guatemala City 01015
GUATEMALA

You can also go to dearelder.com and go to Guatemala Coban Mission and send it through there.  It is free!

He has been really good about sending actual letters back so if you take the time to write him I am sure he will write you too.


No comments:

Post a Comment