Monday, October 12, 2015

The last of the changes

Date:  October 12, 2015
Area:  Tanchi, Guatemala
Companion:  Elder Torres
Week 94

I have gotten a change and I will be going to Tucuru to die, my murderer will be Elder McIntee (Not quite sure on spelling) He is a North American and I don´t really know where he´s from yet, I can get you all that information next week.

When they finish their mission they call it dying.  And the companion they end with "kills" them.  Gotta love mission lingo.

The start of the week was fairly normal, visiting people. We have seen progress in the rest of the children of Ernesto and Matilde, my converts but it´s still actually slow going for them, I don´t quite know what they are waiting for or why they don´t really want to listen to us but some people need more time than others and they are coming around, it´s really cool to see them coming together as a family, the littlest one in the family, Luvia is going to be turning eight soon and will be baptized at the end of the month. I´m very excited for that but unfortunately I won´t be in the area, I will be back in the Polochic valley where it is warmer.

The last part of the week, The last two days really were about saying farewells to people and packing my stuff, which are fitting really well, I don´t think I´ll have problems being within the weight limits of the flight.

I´m now starting the last leg of my journey here in the mission and there is still plenty of work to do, I´m excited to be in a new area, I do love the people in Tanchi though, they are amazing and the branch is growing steadily, they are going to be starting the extension to the chapel really soon and that is a very happy thing for all the members, it was getting pretty crowded some Sundays.

Well, what can I say, I´m ready for the end, in the sense that I´m ready to work it towards the end. I thank you all for the support!

I did get some letter this week, one letter to be exact from Aunt Karoline and little Mary.

Go Getcha some!
Elder North

No comments:

Post a Comment